Programs for 2019 - 2020
Chaverim / Amigos / Friends – Open Hearts, Open Homes and Open Minds – A Modern Jewish Discussion Group
Turn Your Home into a House of Study! The purpose of Chaverim is to bring friends together in an informal setting (outside of Temple Beth-El) to discuss topics involving Jewish ideas and lifestyles. Reb Victor will come to your home and lead any of numerous discussions, including:
Handling imminent loss in the family (death, divorce, empty nest, etc.)
Our children dating members of other faiths
Questioning our own faith
Hebrew School or soccer
Wrestling with Jewish prayer
Taking a position on how we view the State of Israel
How we handle political disagreements in the home
Seeing our current reality for its blessings, not its challenges
Going through divorce personally or going through it with a loved one
Understanding Judaism’s relationship with the LGBTQ community
Ethical dilemmas in the workplace
Law, traditions, customs, or old wives tales. Which one is it?
Keeping kosher in a gluten free / vegetarian world
What does it mean to be Jewish in America today?
How am I viewed in the community?
How do you answer the question “What are you?” (Italian, German, Irish, etc.)
If you have a topic of interest that is not listed, please contact Rabbi Victor at email@example.com.
Event Hosts are Asked to:
- Contact Merri Sedgwick at (845) 229-5536 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least three weeks in advance to schedule your event
- Choose a topic that interests you
- Host a minimum of five people
- Select a time and date
- Determine the number of people that you can host (five minimum)
- Provide Kosher refreshments
Guests are Invited to:
- Provide your own transportation
- Register at least two weeks in advance with Merri Sedgwick
- Inform Merri Sedgwick of any food allergies that you may have
Note: All opinions are welcome and accepted. Civil discourse is a must.
Need more material